Cheap Chinese Incubator fixing faulty Temperature showing


Incubator I'm using




I read a lot and then experienced myself how bad the Temperature and Humidity can fail on some cheap Chinese incubators. There are a few of them on the market. But before you go out and throw out the Incubator and spend more on a more expensive model. I am going to share with you what i read an experienced with the Cheap Chinese Incubator.


Another Cheap Chinese Incubator. Which my buyers have reported they also have.



For a start its probably better to by a better brand, to begin with. But I cant guarantee as I haven't owned any other incubator if the same issues with inaccurate temperature and humidity readings may also arise.


For a full log of my hatching's please read this link.  Which details all 6 of my quail hatches.





In summary this is what happened 


#1 No Incubator - obviously no temp or humidity monitoring - No Hatch



#2 First time to use cheap Chinese incubator - no prob with temperature readings or humidity - decent hatch 




#3 Hatch during winter few hatches




#4 No Hatch - Temperature was reporting 37.5 on the incubator, but in reality not




#5 very poor hatch, first 3 days incubator reported 34.5 and then on Day 3 it was 37.5, incubator kept asking for more water, but humidity already very high on the manual incubator. As I wasn't able to figure out the issue until Day 3. I was advised by Slightly Redneck quail man. That it might be an incorrect temp reading. So on Day 3, I read on another site about re-calibrating.




The incubator was running 3 degrees colder for 3 days, consequently, instead of hatching out day 16-18, the quails hatched out day 19-21 and only the first quail that hatched survived more than a week.




#6 I took the manual temp and humidity checking seriously and as a result ended up with my best hatch ever of 29 birds hatching out.






Not only do you need to check the temperature but you need to constantly check it and re-calibrating the machine with a setting telling it that it's out so the machine can warm-up as required.


Save yourself the hassle of wrong temperatures on Incubators with a cheap Hydrometer from China via Ebay.com





As mentioned the humidity was also wrong, so I just used a thermometer that reads Humidity as well.




Here is one you can buy on eBay cheap ironically from China. But i got mine even cheaper.




This thread by self-sufficient me pretty much explains how to fix cheap Chinese incubators that are running colder than reported on the Incubator temperature reading.






If your in Australia and would like to buy some quail eggs flick me an email at pirieandrew@gmail.com. I sell $10 a dozen, + $11.55 for express next day delivery.







Comments